This Mediterranean gem of an island (er, archipelago of islands) is a longstanding member of the international poker community, having hosted live event stops on the WPT among many other annual and regional poker tours.
Poker players from any country would be drawn to Malta for the comfortable weather, laid back lifestyle and poker culture.
- The local residents speak English!
- Perfect climate year-round; known for long sunny days and mild winters
- Internet speeds up to 100MB
- Short flight to all the EPT tournament stops and rest of Europe
- First-world infrastructure
- International tourism destination
- Extremely safe, low crime rate
- Notably high quality of life
- Reasonably low rent prices
- Tax Residency categories for permanent residents
What to Expect:
- Active live poker scene with frequent tournaments
- Excellent international cuisine
- Party atmosphere with buzzing nightlife
- Who’s Who of the online gaming/poker industry
- Beaches, clear blue water and world-class diving
- Unique multicultural heritage
- Hot real estate market
- Friendly locals
- Low cost of living compared to other EU countries
- Lots to do when you’re not grinding: sailing, yachting, hiking, swimming, partying and relaxing